Closing: Open Until Filled; choosing candidates to interview up until November 30, 2015.
Salary: The positions will be paid on an hourly basis.
To view the posting, visit http://www.dixonlibrary.com/sites/default/files/DPL-PageHiringPoolJDFINAL-20151022_0.pdf. Application is not online.
The Dixon Public Library will establish a pool of candidates from which appointments to temporary part-time positions may be made. This temporary applicant pool is expected to remain continuously active through January 31, 2016; a call for future pool candidates will be issued annually in November.
The responsibilities will include the following:
Perform a wide variety of basic technical and clerical library work such as:
- Self-reading; shifting and adjusting ranges
- Assisting at the Circulation Desk when needed
- Helping with SNAP book loans and returns for delivery process
- Helping with all phases of preparation, staging, and clean-up for Library programs
- Cleaning, dusting, vacuuming of books and shelves
Pages are generally expected to do the following:
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Performs basic tasks with speed and accuracy
- Quickly learn and practice library policies, procedures, and rules
- Understand and perform all jobs on a multi-task oriented basis
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of people including other staff members
- Work a changing an flexible work schedule which includes all open library hours (days, evenings, Saturdays, and emergencies)
- Establish and maintain a harmonious and cooperative working relationships with others
Successful applicants must be committed to quality service to all members of the public and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Minimum age of 16; eligible for a work permit
- Per district policy 3017.1 persons interested in this position must be a full time high school student or a higher education student.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer hardware and knowledge of basic computer software/programs used for Internet access and personal productivity
This classification is expected to learn basic library procedures and to handle a number of basic library duties and routines. The ability to follow directions and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner is especially important and needed.
- Experience helping members of the public to use computers.
- Fluent speaking and writing both English and Spanish.
Applicants must apply by sending all materials to
Library Director – Page Pool
230 N First Street
Dixon CA 95620
Applicants must attach a letter addressing qualifications for one or more of the specific areas listed above, a resume, and a list of three references with names, mail and email addresses, and telephone numbers. Review of applications will begin on October 30, 2015 and appointments made as the Library has need for additional workers.
Satisfactory completion of a background check, educational check, and authorization to work in the United States is required after a conditional offer of employment has been made.