Date Posted: 11/5/2015
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Contact: Janelle Reuter
Number Openings: (At time of posting) 1
Length of Work Year: 2015-2016 School Year
Employment Type: Part Time
Salary: Certificated Salary Schedule
Location: 20% Cordova High and 20% Mitchell Middle School
To apply, visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/742289?utm_source=SimplyHired&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=SimplyHired
Under the direction of the Principal, develops and maintains a media program to provide for and complement the curriculum needs of the school.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and administers a budget to maintain a library collection to update reference materials, make new acquisitions in multi-media to supplement the curriculum and to provide for individual interests.
- Provides orientation instruction to groups of students of types of materials available and how to find and utilize those materials.
- Through group and individual contact, works with students to develop effective thinking and cultivate useful work habits and study skills; provides the opportunity for the exploration of a wide range of significant interest.
- Provides a professional collection of materials.
- Prepares bibliographies on subjects requested incorporating the use of all possible media to suffice group or individual needs.
- Assists the teacher in locating materials and suggesting means of utilizing all media in preparation of units of study.
- Participates as a functioning member of curriculum committees.
- Supervises the ordering and processing of all materials.
- Maintains necessary records.
- Recruits, trains, and supervises student library assistants.
- Supervises and evaluates para-professionals and clerical staff members in the center and assists administration in the selection of new personnel for the media center.
- Compiles and prepares material for reports in progress to the principal and/or District administration, as requested.