Salary: $95,758.00 - $119,697.00 Annually; Plus a comprehensive benefits package
To view full listing and apply, visit https://www.calopps.org/ViewAgencyJob.cfm?ID=23447&kw=
About This Role
This position is part of the Library’s Leadership Team and manages our Adult and Virtual Services Department including adult collections and programs, the Library website and electronic resources, building safety and security, and 7 staff (5.5 FTE).
What You Bring
- Four years of increasingly responsible professional library experience, two of which have been in a managerial capacity, which includes supervision.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver license.
- A master’s degree in library science from an ALA-accredited institution is highly desirable.
Who You Are
- You are friendly, approachable, have emotional intelligence and work effectively as part of a team.
- You appreciate and value different work styles and can get things done with people who see the world differently.
- You are flexible and can change gears at a moment’s notice.
- You are passionate about excellent customer service. You listen, even to what is not said, and get to the heart of a customer’s question. You view complaints as opportunities to rethink policies and services.
- You are a connector, with desire to work with other City staff and community groups to offer innovative programs.
- You value the Library’s physical presence and are always thinking about how the facility can best meet the need for a welcoming community gathering space in an increasingly virtual world.
- You are fiscally responsible, scrutinize budgets, and provide creative solutions for better ways to allocate budgets to meet the needs of a changing community.
- You have the highest ethical standards and are sensitive to the visible role local government plays in our community.
- You are an open and honest communicator, your reports are clear and well-written, and you are comfortable giving presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
- You are an excellent mentor and advocate for your staff’s professional development.
- You enjoy juggling multiple assignments and challenges and come up with ideas for more.
- You have a good sense of humor and creatively approach your work with a serious commitment to excellence, an impeccable attention to detail and a sense of fun.
- Act as collection manager for print and electronic resources, ensuring the collection meets the needs of the community.
- Work with Library staff, City departments, and outside groups to offer innovative programs that support the City Council’s goals and the community’s needs.
- Manage and take a lead role with safety and security in the building.
- Work with staff and architects to design and implement a building remodel.
- Develop, monitor, and adjust budgets.
- Manage relationships with outside partners including the Historical Association and Reading Program.
- Lead public technology services including the library website, public computers, and social media.
- Mentor, train, and develop staff.
- Positively resolve challenging customer issues.
- Monitor and analyze Library service trends in the literature and best practices and make recommendations for service enhancements.
- Research and analyze Library activities and measure effectiveness of services.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive benefits package including generous paid leave and health
- CalPERS retirement (2.7% at 55 formula for classic members; 2% at 62 for new members); employees contribute 11.5% for classic members; 10.5% for new members to CalPERS with no Social Security deduction
- Opportunity to utilize $2,000 in tuition reimbursement for education advancement annually, with an additional one time opportunity for up to $20,000 for the completion of a work related Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Management development funds - $500.00 annually.
- Wellness culture including access to the employee gym and incentive pay for participating in the City’s wellness program
- Employee appreciation days and activities