- Performs general typing and word processing functions.
- Maintains files of correspondence, memoranda, and records.
- Receives and distributes mail.
- May assist in interviewing, training and overseeing student workers and lower level staff.
- Inputs pre-order records for book and non-book materials.
- Searches local and remote databases for bibliographic data; processes new materials for circulation; deletes records of discarded material from local and remote bibliographic databases.
- Cleans and repairs print and non-print materials.
- Oversees the receiving and check-in of periodicals.
- Orders and maintains periodical subscriptions.
- Oversees inventory of the library collection.
- Maintains inventory of department supplies and prepares requisitions for purchases.
- Oversees the ordering and receiving of book and non-book materials.
- Oversees the book and non-book materials budgets.
- Prepares financial, statistical and information reports.
- Oversees the maintenance of the bibliographic/item records in the library's online catalog.
- Pre-catalogs materials for review by librarians.
- Searches for, edits and retrieves catalog records using bibliographic utility (OCLC) for use in the library's online database.
- Prepares materials for bindery; and performs related duties as required.
- Checks in and charge out materials.
- Registers new patrons.
- Collects fines, prepares overdue notices, processes holds on patron records and clears patron records.
- Handles interlibrary loan transactions using local and remote bibliographic databases.
- Sets up and maintains the reserve materials collection.
- Oversees re-shelving of library materials.
- Performs tasks necessary to open and/or close library facilities.
- Resolves patron complaints or refers them to appropriate staff members.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors/suppliers.
- Assists students and faculty in the setup and operation of a variety of media equipment.
- Maintains and troubleshoots media equipment.
- Produces duplicate copies of licensed audio and/or video programs.
- Receives and schedules equipment requests.
- Receives and schedules requests for media material.
- Retrieves recorded programs and distributes to student listening carrels via playback equipment and switch consoles.
- Oversees the ordering, scheduling, receiving, circulation and return of staff media requests.
- Assists in classification and cataloging of media equipment; oversees the scheduling, distribution and return of media equipment.
- Schedules and distributes videotape programs for broadcast and prepares broadcast logs.
- Performs related duties as required.
- EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Three years of increasingly
responsible Library/Media experience; OR, two years of increasingly responsible
experience and a Library/Media Technician Certificate; OR, one year of
experience and an AA degree in Library Technology or equivalent.
- Promotional: One year of experience performing library
duties at the level of a Clerk III and courses in library technology.
(Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the
Los Rios Community College District.)
- Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual
orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including
those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
- (Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 12 units are equal to six months of education; 24 units are equal to one year of education.)