Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Santa Barbara - Santa Barbara City College - Librarian (Tenure Track)
Application Deadline: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 @ 11:59 PM PST.
Essential Functions of Position:
Commencing Fall 2015, a full-time, tenure-track Librarian position will be available in the Santa Barbara City College Luria Library. We are seeking applicants who can participate in a team environment dedicated to excellent customer service and student success. Our emphasis on creativity, collaboration, and technology innovation makes this a dynamic workplace.
As the technology lead, this position will provide vision, leadership, and support to current and emerging technologies for the library. Primary responsibility is the development and maintenance of library technology infrastructure, including managing and coordinating the library's online presence, library website and web services, and online resources; daily maintenance and administration of the integrated library system; collaborating with campus technology to maintain technology infrastructure; lead in the development and maintenance of online assessment tools and instructional technology.
Responsibilities also include providing reference services, both face-to-face and virtual, instructing students and faculty in the use of library resources and teaching classes in information competency and collection development. Other responsibilities include full participation in departmental responsibilities and college service (such as committee assignments, co-curricular activities).
Minimum Qualifications: The candidate must meet one of these criteria:
1. Master’s degree in library science, or library and information science, OR
2. Combination of education and other accomplishments that is equivalent to the above. (If claiming equivalency, attach a separate statement that presents the basis for this claim and submit supporting evidence, e.g., transcripts, publications, and other work products.); OR
3. Possession of a lifetime California Community College Librarian Credential.
● Professional experience in an academic library.
● Significant experience in administration, support and enhancement of a variety of library technology infrastructure tools and techniques, including an integrated library system, link resolvers, proxy server, and service configurations.
● Significant experience using web development tools (for instance, Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP / CSS); ability to design and manage websites, conduct usability studies, adhere to web accessibility standards, and create web pages which use responsive design principles.
● Significant experience creating and maintaining blogs, videos, screencasts, and audio podcasts, and other web technologies.
● Experience in adopting, implementing, integrating, and evaluating emerging technologies and services.
● Experience in selecting and integrating electronic resources for peer review, product trials and selection, and producing reports to monitor usage of digital resources.
● Experience teaching library research skills and information competency, including using instructional technology and online learning objects for delivery of instruction and interaction with students.
● Knowledge of digital repository projects and metadata development and maintenance for local digital collections.
● Demonstrated skill in using a variety of devices, including mobile platforms, and Window and Mac platforms for multiple applications.
● Experience in working with students from diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, academic, and disability backgrounds, with a wide variance of information-seeking skills and technological competence.
● Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment and collaborate with various departmental service units.
Salary & Personnel Benefits:
The current salary schedule range for a entering tenure-track faculty member is $55,435-$86,908, plus an earned doctoral bonus of $2,772. Depending on the entry step, the faculty member increase one step each year and has the potential to reach the current maximum step of $96,205, depending on the educational level attained. Starting salary is commensurate with academic preparation and full-time related, paid experience. In addition to salary each full-time employee participates in a "cafeteria style" Health & Welfare Benefits Program.
Posted by Stephen Passey at 8:30 AM