No. of Positions: 2 positions open
Compensation: $21.25 and up
Employment type: Part-time
Purpose: The Expanded Learning Library Assistant supports daily Quest Learning Center operations by assisting the Expanded Learning Community Program Specialist to ensure compliance in implementing learning best practices and supporting whole youth development. Position involves communicating with parents, tutors, and volunteers on a daily basis. Other duties includes coordinating with partner organizations, administering reading assessments, leading/co-leading weekly staff meetings, and connecting with diverse cultures in the East Palo Alto community and neighboring cities.
- A positive and fearless learner who can model openness and joy in trying new things and coaching both staff and program participants
- Desire to improve the world by helping to ensure youth in EPA experience high quality out of school learning time to support their future and current success and sense of themselves a good learners
- A great and clear communicator
- Being punctual, reliable, and demonstrate an ability to work under pressure
- Be able to supervise and manage a group of 10 or more staff
- Able to work at least 20-24 hours per week
- Sensitivity to the diverse cultures and specific needs of the East Palo Alto community
- Bilingual Spanish skills are required
Examples of Duties:
- Ensure adherence of daily schedule and directs the flow of students, tutors, and volunteers
- Assist in leading/co-leading fun enrichment activities in community events and programs
- Effectively communicate with youth, parents, and fellow tutors
- Collaborate with library personnel to advertise library programs and events
- Assist with data collection, assessments, record keeping, and serving meals
- Support the library in promoting literacy and supporting family engagement, and hands-on learning
Quest Timeline & Hours:
The Quest Learning Center is in session from September 28th, 2015 through May 19th, 2016. Tutoring takes place from 4:00 -- 6:00 pm Monday-Thursday, with program setup at 3:30pm.
The last Friday of the month a family engagement night is hosted from 4:00-6:00pm and staff leads games and/or activities during the parent workshops.
Approximately 20-24 hours per week. Must be available to work Monday-Thursday afternoons between 3pm-7pm. Additional shifts are available on weekends and on Fridays.
You must submit a resume that includes a working email and an answer to the following question no later than Friday, September 25th by 6:00pm.
Required Question: How would you set the tone in the program to make sure everyone felt welcome, encouraged, and supported to take learning risks? Please address how you would do this with peers, support staff, your boss, and the youth program participants.
Interviews will be held on Friday, October 2nd between 3:00-4:30pm. Applicants must be available to interview on this date and time to be considered for the position.