Date Posted: 9/8/2015
Contact: Shannon Ginther
Number of Openings: (At time of posting) 1
Length of Work Year: 10.5 months/year
Employment Type: Part Time
Application Deadline: 9/22/2015 4:30 PM Pacific
Salary: Range 26, $14.631 to $18.662/hourly
Beginning salary placement may be from Step A to Step C, at the discretion of the Director of Human Resources, based on verification of previous experience.
To apply, visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/725491?utm_source=SimplyHired&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=SimplyHired
Job Description / Essential Elements:
Under general supervision of the Principal, assist in the operation of an elementary Library/Media Center and perform related duties as required. One year of work in a library and/or media center which has provided the applicant with the knowledge and abilities listed above; one year of computer experience in a DOS, Windows or MAC environment.
Examples of Duties:
May order, receive, process, circulate and re-shelve print and non-print materials; may order, receive, distribute and/or store textbooks; maintain library schedule; maintain record of overdue materials, notifying students of amounts due and receiving and processing fines; inventory materials and maintain inventory records; assist in the development of the library collection; acquire new books; may coordinate book fairs and book club activities, and weeding the collection based on established criteria; work with teachers to provide curriculum-based books and other library support materials; may maintain grade-level literature sets; conduct student orientations, reading programs and instruction on library use and research skills; may assist students in the use of technology and the Internet; read stories to students; orient and assist volunteer library aides; type requisitions, letters notices, books and materials lists; inspect books and periodicals for damage and perform minor repairs and/or coordinate off-site repairs; may set up and operate media equipment; may design displays, exhibits, and bulletin boards; operate computer and supervise use of computers by students; install, set-up and troubleshoot computer software; and perform related work as assigned.
- Knowledge of
- Correct English, grammar, spelling and punctuation; office methods, procedures and practices; and basic library and media terminology, and operation of personal computers; computer software and the Internet; and office automation.
- Ability to
- Work independently with minimum supervision; work cooperatively with others; supervise students; make simple arithmetical calculations; understand and follow oral and written directions; establish and maintain effective working relationships; operate computerized library systems and equipment; present library information individually or in groups; design displays and exhibits; maintain records and prepare reports; file alphabetically and numerically with speed and accuracy; operate computer and computer software and assist others with equipment; maintain a computer based library management system; and type at a net corrected speed of 40 words per minute.
- One year of work in a library and/or media center which has provided the applicant with the knowledge and abilities listed above; one year of computer experience in a DOS, Windows or MAC environment.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
- Physical Performance Requirements
- Frequent sitting, standing, or walking much of the time with some bending, stooping, squatting and twisting. Lifting of supplies and other work related materials often needed. Weight of materials will vary, but generally be of less than twenty pounds.
- Possession of a valid and appropriate California Driver’s License, if required.