Date Posted: 9/21/2015
Contact: Valerie English2 (916) 686-7797 x 7467
Number of Openings: (At time of posting) 1
Length of Work Year: 5 hours per day, (9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.), Monday - Friday, Traditional School Year - 10 months
Employment Type: Part Time
Application Deadline: 9/30/2015 4:00 PM Pacific
Salary: Salary Schedule #21, Range 361, $13.70 - $18.13 per hour
Job Number: CL15 - 307
Position Control Number: 75200 / 80289
To apply, visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/729606?utm_source=SimplyHired&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=SimplyHired
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of responsible technical and clerical duties involving circulation, reference, cataloging, and record-keeping activities within a school library facility; serve as a resource person regarding available materials; train and provide work direction to student assistants.
- Perform a variety of responsible technical and clerical duties involving circulation, reference, cataloging, and record-keeping activities within a school library facility; serve as a resource person regarding available materials.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of a school library; assume operational responsibility in the absence of the Librarian.
- Assist students and staff in locating books and materials, using electronic resources catalog and reference materials, and in the proper use of audio/visual equipment; train students and staff in the use of computerized resources, word processing applications, laser disc and multi-media technology.
- Maintain discipline and quiet among students using library.
- Train and supervise student assistants in the performance of a variety of tasks; assign and review work.
- Check books and audio-visual equipment and materials in and out at the circulation desk.
- Type bibliographies, book and magazine orders, lists, correspondence, and computerized card records.
- Process or oversee the processing of library books, including typing and attaching book pockets, lettering spines, attaching plastic jackets, and numbering textbooks; process information into computer with bar code.
- Oversee the circulation of magazines to students and teachers; prepare or oversee the preparation and delivery of overdue fine notices; generate related computer reports.
- Receive incoming shipments of library and textbooks and review packing slips and purchase orders.
- Maintain records of periodicals received and notify publisher of missing issues; maintain inventory of library and textbooks, generate a computer list and make adjustments as necessary to assure accuracy of the list.
- Type correspondence, bulletins, and lists.
- Order library supplies, computer and CD ROM, and other supplies as needed.
- Perform or oversee minor repairs to books and select books to send out for major repairs, select textbooks for discard; determine need to charge students for loss according to established guidelines.
- Collect money from students for lost or overdue library materials and textbooks; maintain a record of monies collected and report refunds for books returned.
- Operate a computer and assigned software; operate standard office equipment. Perform related duties as assigned.
- Functions, operations and maintenance of a school library.
- Library practices, procedures and terminology.
- Library reference materials and resources.
- Function, operation and maintenance of a library.
- Library technical processes related to the acquisition, cataloging, classification and circulation of library materials.
- Cataloging rules and standards.
- Modern library technology including computer applications.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Principles of training and providing work direction.
- Perform a variety of responsible technical and clerical duties involving circulation, reference, cataloging, and record-keeping activities within a school library facility.
- Serve as a resource person regarding available materials. Train and provide work direction to student assistants.
- Assist students, staff and others in locating and utilizing library materials.
- Maintain library in a neat and orderly condition.
- Monitor and maintain acceptable student behavior in the library.
- Assist a certificated Librarian in the operation and maintenance of an assigned library.
- Process library materials according to established procedures.
- Type at a minimum of 35 words per minute from clear copy.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a computer and other standard office equipment.
- Plan and organize work.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Reach overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally to shelve materials.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch.
- Hear and speak to exchange information.
- See to read a variety of materials.