Employer: ABC Unified School District Date Posted: 9/8/2015 Contact: Debbie Patrick (562)926-5566 x21176 Number of Openings: (At time of posting) 2 Length of Work Year: 10 mos. Application Deadline: 9/22/2015 4:30 PM Pacific Salary: $2,313.97 to $2,818.39
To apply, visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/725406?utm_source=SimplyHired&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=SimplyHired
Essential Job Functions:
Conducts classes in a variety of formats (e.g. story telling, puppet plays, etc.) for the purpose of promoting classroom curriculum and enjoyment of literature. Circulates various books and media for the purpose of providing requested classroom reference materials. Instructs students and staff for the purpose of educating them on the proper use of the library/media resources (i.e. classification system, card catalog, care of materials, computer resources (for example: Internet, CD-ROM, and electronic retrieval) Inventories equipment and materials in library collection for the purpose of documenting losses and/or maintaining availability of materials. Processes orders (e.g. books, periodicals, films, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining library collection controls. Promotes library use related to special holidays, seasonal activities, (for example: posters, learning centers, displays) for the purpose of motivating students to use the library resources. Prepares communications (letters, reports, invoices) for the purpose of distributing information related to library operations and collections (book fines, lost equipment, etc.) Performs minor repairs on library/media materials for the purpose bookkeeping materials in circulation. Researches availability of materials and media for the purpose of selecting appropriate items. Supervises students using the library for the purpose of maintaining acceptable standards of student behavior. Troubleshoots minor computer problems for the purpose of ensuring operation of equipment.
Other Job Functions:
Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities. Assists teachers, students, and other personnel for the purpose of identifying resource materials for use in classroom and/or class assignments. Participates in District meetings of library technicians and clerks for the purpose of communicating information and gaining feedback and/or direction on a variety of issues.
Job Requirements - Qualifications:
- Experience Required: Prior job related experience.
- Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required: Skills to operate standard office equipment including use of computer applications, use English in both written and verbal form, use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation, maintain detailed and accurate records. Knowledge of library terminology and standard library practices, techniques; standard office equipment, automated library circulation systems. Abilities to understand and carry out oral and written instruction and relate to the needs of children, and staff. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling/fingering, stooping/lifting, and talking/hearing conversations, near visual acuity/visual accommodation.
- Education Required: High School diploma or equivalent; supplemented by course work in library, media, computers or curriculum, preferable some experience in an educational setting.
- Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance.
- Environmental Conditions: Office environment utilizing computers.
- Physical Conditions: Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time.