Date Posted: 9/8/2015
Contact: Jill Caballero (909)797-0174 x5842
Number of Openings: (At time of posting) 1
Length of Work Year: 6 hours per day / 193 days per year - Projected Start Date: 10/28/15
Employment Type: Part Time
Application Deadline: 9/22/2015 4:00 PM Pacific
Salary: Starting Salary Range 16: $15.45 - $17.27 per hour; Full Salary Range: $15.45 - $22.32 with health benefit package if 4 hours or more
Pay Schedule: Once per month
Hours : 8:00 - 2:30
Testing: Library/Media Tech test required unless previously passed with the District within one year
Current Location of Positions: Chapman Heights Elementary School
Typing Certificate: Net speed 45 WPM - no online certificates will be accepted
Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling requirements: 40 lbs
To apply, visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/725552?utm_source=SimplyHired&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=SimplyHired
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the site Administrator, performs varied duties in an elementary or middle school library; and does related clerical work as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains and operates the library circulation system.
- Creates and maintains a schedule for library use.
- Assists students and parents with choosing library materials.
- Collaborates with teachers to procure, locate and check out curriculum based materials to enhance classroom units and other materials to stimulate reading.
- Processes textbooks and maintains textbook circulation system, when required.
- Assists in maintaining discipline in the library.
- Creates bulletin boards or other appropriate displays that promote and encourage reading.
- Provides grade appropriate story telling and book talks.
- Prepares book, audio-visual, periodical, and newspaper supply orders and requisitions as needed.
- Receives and verifies against invoices all library deliveries.
- Processes and prepares library materials for circulation, and repair when necessary.
- Inputs library data and maintains an accurate library computer data base.
- Inventories library holdings.
- Issues overdue notices when appropriate and collects fees for lost books.
- Oversees library volunteers and student aides.
- Assists teachers with the training of students in the proper use of the library: classification system, the electronic catalog, location and care of materials, and the selection and use of books and periodicals appropriate to their grade levels.
- Maintains accurate records of library purchases and expenditures.
- Works with Administration to input lost book fees, including library books and textbooks, into the Aeries fee file system and mails appropriate fee notices home to parent/guardian.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains a clean and orderly library.
- Performs related office and clerical work as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS - QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Experience: College level training in library courses OR one year of responsible experience in library-clerical work.
- Skills, Knowledge, and/or Abilities: Knowledge of library procedures and methods and current office practices. Ability to operate a library computer system, including data entry and retrieval; maintain accurate records and prepare reports; create and maintain effective working relationships with others; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to work independently. Typing: 45 wpm.
- Licenses, Certification, Bonding, and/or Testing Required: TB test clearance, Criminal Justice fingerprint clearance, and pre-employment physical and drug testing.