- The Henry Madden Library at California State University,
Fresno seeks a full-time, 12-month, library faculty member who is an
innovative, dynamic, versatile, and team-oriented archivist to spearhead our
efforts in creating a nationally significant water resources archives in
collaboration with other water-related entities on campus, in the region as
well as state-wide.
- The successful candidate will join a cadre of water experts
on campus in bringing focus and cohesion to the issue of water in the San
Joaquin Valley and what it means both looking forward and backwards in time. As
part of the Special Collection Research Center at the Library, the Water
Archivist will be responsible for soliciting and developing the resources of
the water archives, working with potential donors for both collections and
funding, creating finding aids for these collections and overseeing the
accuracy of catalog records, metadata for digital items as well as other
finding tools for water resources within the Madden Library and throughout the
- The Water Archivist will also serve as a library faculty member in the Special Collections Division in support of its collections, projects, exhibitions and grants. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in fundraising and donor relations, grant writing and grant administration as well as in the daily operations and growth and development of the Division, especially in the areas of digitization and outreach to the research community.
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Fresno State University - Water Archivist - Full Time
Water Archivist - Librarian
Job ID: 12879
Location: Fresno Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
An MLS or MILS from an ALA accredited library school/institution (or equivalent) is required.
1) Minimum 2 years of professional archival experience working at a library, archives, museum, or historical society is required.
2) Experience with creating finding aids) and;
3) Ability to demonstrate a commitment to working effectively with faculty, staff, and students from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
1) Knowledge/experience with archival water resources.
2) Professional experience in working with donors.
3) Knowledge of and experience with descriptive standards such as DACS, AAT, EAD as well as metadata standards (e.g. Dublin Core, METS, MODS and PREMIS).
4) Experience with digitization of physical items and managing born-digital files.
5) Experience with writing grant and funding proposals.
6) Experience with outreach, especially to faculty, students and other researchers.
7) Experience with public speaking and professional presentations.
8) Experience planning and creating exhibits and managing projects.
9) Experience with open source software programs such as ArchivesSpace and Omeka as well as interest in or experience with creating interdisciplinary digital resources.
10) Academic background and/or professional experience with GIS.
11) A concentration in archives or archival administration or certification from the Academy of Certified Archivists.
Review of applications will begin April 4, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, applicants must complete an on-line application at http://jobs.fresnostate.edu and attach the following:
1) a cover letter specifically addressing required experience and preferred qualifications;
2) a curriculum vitae, and
3) list of three professional references.
Finalists will be required to submit
1) three current letters of recommendation and
2) official transcripts.
For inquires, contact: Tammy Lau, Search Committee Chair; California State University, Fresno;
Henry Madden Library;
5200 N. Barton Avenue, MS ML34;
Fresno, CA 93740-8014;
Phone: 559.278.2595; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.