Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Sacramento – Los Rios Community College District - Librarian Adjunct Pool
Closing Date: Open Continuously
The Institution: The Los Rios Community College District is a two-year public college district serving the greater Sacramento region. Our district includes American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges; major centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova; and special services for business and industry.
The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time teaching assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitments. Assignments may include day, evening and weekend courses.
The adjunct faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
1. Have a master's degree from an accredited institution in library science, library and information science; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor's Credential in Library Science; OR, the equivalent.
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
Application Instructions- Submit the Following:
1. Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest