Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Sacramento – Los Rios Community College District - Librarian (Technical Services) Adjunct Pool
Closing Date: Open Continuously
Statistics show that the Los Rios District is one of the top districts statewide in transferring students to the University of California and the California State University Systems. In addition, the district provides 76 two-year vocational programs and 63 technical certificate programs. LRCCD embraces diversity as one of the core values of the organization.
Position Summary: The Los Rios Community College District is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for possible temporary part-time librarian (technical services) assignments. These positions are filled on an as needed basis and are on-going recruitments. Assignments may include day, evening and weekend courses.
Additional Position Summary:
Assignment Responsibilities: As coordinated by the System Librarian, the Librarian (Technical Services) will be responsible for the original cataloging, including description, authority verification, subject headings, and call number assignment of print and non-print materials and web resources not located in the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) database. The librarian may also evaluate and edit copy cataloging located in the Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) database. Other duties may include authority file maintenance, database cleanup projects, and collection evaluation. Occasional work at the reference desk may also be required on an as needed basis. Knowledge of, or experience with, RDA, MARC format, Library of Congress Subject Headings, Library of Congress Classification System, and Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) preferred.
1. Have a master's degree from an accredited institution in library science, library and information science; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor's Credential in Library Science; OR, the equivalent.
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
Application Instructions – Submit the following:
1. A completed Faculty Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work ** ("graduate advising documents and grade reports" will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts). NOTE: Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation
5. Letter of Interest