Health Advances is seeking a full-time Information Specialist to join the Knowledge Management team to assist project teams with secondary research and to help build our proprietary knowledge base. Experience in one or more healthcare areas (biopharma, medtech, diagnostics & life science tools, healthcare services, health IT, health economics, market access) is strongly preferred. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. The successful candidate will be the only Information Specialist in the San Francisco office, but will work closely with colleagues in Weston.
- Work closely with project and business development teams, assisting with data and literature research
- Respond to requests by creatively surveying both Health Advances' internal holdings as well as external resources, including specialized databases and search tools and the Internet
- Using in-depth knowledge of industry sources, proactively advise project teams of resources that may be helpful to complete specific projects
- Participate in building Health Advances’ knowledge base, including some or all of the following:
- On an ongoing basis, identify, evaluate, and document external resources for use by project teams, focusing on one or more areas of healthcare
- Help to develop and implement new knowledge products and services
- Support information, data, and resource discovery by describing and tagging both internal and external content
- Work with HA Library Services in Weston as part of a seamless team to address the spectrum of information and knowledge needs of Health Advances staff
- Act as primary researcher for San Francisco staff
- Conduct research to support other offices as needed
- Perform other duties as required, including dissemination of current awareness materials and training
- 5+ years of experience in the healthcare industry, preferably corporate information services, marketing, business development, or knowledge management
- Undergraduate degree in healthcare-related field preferred
- Experience conducting research and analysis; Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science, or equivalent education and experience, a plus
- Detailed knowledge of healthcare industry resources, including data and statistics, business, and clinical materials strongly preferred. At a minimum, ability to develop expertise in a complex subject area.
- Experience with a variety of healthcare resources, particularly in the use of pharmaceutical/biotechnology and pipeline databases and products from IMS Health, Evaluate, Thomson Reuters Life Sciences, Informa
- Expertise using ThomsonOne, LexisNexis, Informa’s Strategic Transactions Database, and other similar databases
- Experience evaluating resources and vendors
- Strong customer service orientation and demonstrated ability to exercise creativity in resolving customers’ information needs
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), time management, organization, and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Ability to work as a solo practitioner, and also to team with geographically dispersed colleagues
- Willingness to travel to Boston for ~1 week of training
- Reports to Chief Knowledge Officer
- Works closely with Chief Knowledge Officer, HA Library Services team, and San Francisco office staff
- Works with Knowledge Management Committee members for resource evaluations and continued database development
- Interacts regularly with project teams, business development teams, and all levels of consulting and functional staff
Health Advances offers a creative and stimulating work environment, a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and a challenging career opportunity.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Dana Gaughan, Director of Recruiting and Professional Development.