- The Analyst develops, manages, and evaluates San José Public
Library's volunteer program, serving as the department expert on volunteer
services and advising on best practices. The position collaborates with staff
across the department to offer a wide range of volunteer experiences at the
- The position directly supervises the Volunteer Coordinator and leads over 20 staff Coordinators of Volunteer Engagement. The Analyst designs and oversees volunteer programs that address system wide priorities and trains department staff on leading volunteer programs. Cultivating relationships in the community in support of the volunteer program is essential.
- A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university
- Analyst I: None.
- Analyst II: Two years of increasingly responsible professional staff analytic or administrative experience at the level of Analyst I with the City of San José.
- Experience as a Staff Technician with the City of San José may be substituted for the education requirement on a year for year basis.