California State University - Sacramento, CA
Eligible on-campus applicants in CSUEU Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in this recruitment.
This is a full-time, temporary position ending on or before six months and one day from date of hire, renewable annually contingent upon funding, work performance, and the recommendation of the supervisor. Employment in a temporary assignment may end before or be extended beyond the appointment expiration date, and/or be converted to a full-time or part-time probationary position contingent upon availability of funds and operational needs of the university. This position is on the 11/12 Pay Plan. Off-work month is July. Benefits and salary are paid over 12 months. In the initial year, pay adjustments may be required to allow the incumbent to adjust to the 11/12 Pay Plan. In the initial year, income shortfalls may occur depending on the timing of the hire relative to the time in off-work status, and shortfalls may have an impact on benefits. Position may be converted to a twelve (12) month position upon availability of funds and/or business needs of the department.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Nonstandard hours may be required occasionally.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION
Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
CSUS IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
This position has been designated as sensitive and will require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make the employment offer contingent upon the successful completion of the Criminal Background Check.
Must possess a valid State of California driver's license and maintenance of safe driving record required.
CALIFORNIA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING ACT
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11:59 P.M., WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2014.
Salary Range: $2,525-3,790 per month.
Note: It is the general practice of Sacramento State to hire at the lower end of the salary range. (This does not apply to promotions of on-campus employees).
This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Hiring Dept. Information
Communication Studies Department
The Communication Studies Department is within the College of Arts & Letters and offers bachelors degrees in Communication Studies, Journalism and Film as well as a Masters of Arts in Communication Studies along with minors in all three areas.
This position schedules media facilities and is responsible for the check-out and check-in of the departments approximately $500,000 of media equipment. Assists students with production facilities, equipment and software. Reviews and make hardware recommendations to students on their projects. Develops systems to maximize equipment usage. Demonstrate proper operation of equipment for faculty, staff and students. Coordinates the repair, maintenance and acquisition of equipment, facilities, and software with appropriate personnel. This position works directly with students, faculty, and staff..
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of the procedures and practices relating to providing support services. Knowledge of procedures and practices related to ordering, issue, and inventory. Ability to learn quickly the names, uses and care of common types of materials, supplies, and equipment used in the instructional program to which assigned. Ability to plan, organize, and follow a schedule of activities. Ability to learn to operate equipment and to make adjustments. Ability to maintain records and project needs. Ability to correct and perform simple arithmetic calculations. Ability to read and write at a level suitable for performance on the job.
Equivalent to one year of experience performing support services for an instructional program and involving such activities as preparing, producing, dispensing or storing materials, supplies, and equipment.
Equivalent to one year of experience in ordering, purchasing, accounting or in office work related to technical materials, supplies, or equipment or in an office which provided similar services to a technical function or unit may be substituted for six months of the experience.
Equivalent to two years of college with 16 semester units in courses involving extensive use of materials, supplies, or equipment and in a discipline in the specialty area to which assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of modern professional video and audio production and post-production equipment and software.
- Ability to troubleshoot media hardware and software issues.
- Ability and willingness to learn how to use new media hardware and software.
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills, i.e.; the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- General knowledge of Apple computers and operating systems.
- Ability to follow Communication Studies policies in regard to equipment and lab usage.
- Experience with the following software; Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Digidesign Pro Tools, and Dreamweaver.
- Familiarity with television production studios.
- Film production experience.
1. Scheduling of media labs and resources. This includes the check-in and check-out of approximately 500 pieces of department equipment including the security and condition of said equipment and labs.
2. Technical and logical support to students, faculty, and staff pertaining to media related issues; hardware and software. (In particular, use of Communication Studies media stockroom equipment, and audio and video editing labs).
3. Responsible for ensuring that all media hardware, software and labs are in good working order and coordinates the repair and maintenance of such equipment and software with appropriate personnel.
4. Responsible for the record keeping and making recommendation for ordering of expendable supplies to the Department Chair. Works directly with the Department Media Coordinator, after Chair approval, to place orders.
5. Ensures hardware and software currency: maintains proficiency with hardware and software used by the Communication Studies Media and Film program. After thorough research; makes equipment and software recommendations when needed.
6. Responsible for maintaining portions of the COMS website, specifically responsible for maintaining the Internship portion of the website. Will help ASC II with other portions of the website when needed.