Monday, March 2, 2015
Contra Costa Community College District - Library System Migration Expert
Job Title: Project Coordinator I, Library System Migration Expert
Location: Los Medanos College plus travel to CCC and DVC
Work Hours: 30 hours per week up to a max of 40 weeks per year,
Hourly Salary: $55.25/hour
The Contra Costa Community College District (4CD) which is comprised of Contra Costa College (CCC), Diablo Valley College (DVC), and Los Medanos College (LMC) in Pittsburg, CA-is seeking a three-year, part-time, Library System Migration Expert. First consideration given to applications received by
March 6th. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the three 4CD colleges in their migration from their current integrated library system, Innovative Interfaces,Inc’s, Millennium, to a new system. This position serves as a member of the 4CD library team and will work closely with the library faculty and staff at all three colleges on planning, scheduling and managing all aspects of the migration.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
1. Plan, create and manage timelines for the district libraries’ migration from its Millennium ILS to a new generation system.
2. Participate in the RFP process.
3. Seek regular input from the CCC, DVC and LMC libraries to identify and understand each library’s needs and priorities.
4. Keep stakeholders informed and lead collaborative, consensus-driven decisions. Plan, schedule and manage all aspects of the migration.
5. Coordinate and lead database record cleanup and other preparations for migration.
6. Create and document procedures and scripts to facilitate the extraction, transformation and loading of legacy data.
7. Execute, manage and troubleshoot the migration to completion. Lead system testing and quality assurance.
8. Train library staff to implement new procedures, policies, and operations of new system.
9. Collaborate with individual libraries to complete setup, system customization and documentation.
1. Experience with migrating an ILS.
2. Experience with Millennium or related ILS modules.
3. Project management experience.
4. Experience with building consensus among multiple
personnel and balancing the needs of stakeholders
5. Experience with testing for quality assurance.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with current
library standards and practices in all aspects of an
integrated library system.
7. Analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
8. Attention to detail, excellent writing and organizational
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
1. Master’s degree or equivalent foreign degree in Library
and Information Science, or
2. Master’s degree or equivalent foreign degree in Library
3. At least three years of system experience as a library
Please respond to the following question in your cover letter:
Describe your systems responsibility experience including managing, maintaining, problem-solving and, if applicable, migrating an integrated library system. Please specify which ILSs and which functions, such as cataloging, serials, acquisitions, etc.
How to apply
Please mail resume, cover letter and employment application to:
Los Medanos College, Attn: Christine Park, 2700 East Leland
Road, Pittsburg, CA 94565
You will need to download employment application and mail all required materials to college for consideration. You can obtain an application at:
Questions? Call Christine Park at 925.473.7572