Closing Date: 03-24-2015
Work Location: West Sacramento Center, 1115 West Capitol Avenue, West Sacramento, CA 95691
- Assists with the coordination and supervision of a variety of administrative, operational, physical plant maintenance, educational and clerical services for the education center.
- Assists the administrator in charge with the recruitment and hiring of classified personnel, adjunct faculty and temporary employees.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned classified staff.
- Coordinates work schedules for assigned classified staff.
- Assists the administrator in charge with the preparation of enrollment management materials (e.g. class schedules, catalogs, brochures, flyers, various marketing and recruitment materials), coordinating production schedule with instruction, student services, production services and main campus.
- May assist with the supervision of the accounting and payroll/human resource functions.
- When assigned, plans, organizes and supervises the activities of the center's records and admissions/student services office, including records, registration, financial aid and other activities involved in coordinating student registration and record maintenance.
- Oversees the faculty support area, including preparation of overload and adjunct faculty contracts and absence reports.
- Assists faculty in preparation of curriculum materials.
- Coordinates the scheduling of maintenance requests with Facilities Management and outside contractors.
- Responsible for coordinating administrative services' functions (e.g. police, technicians, and grounds) related to college facility use and outside rentals, working with community groups to facilitate facility rentals and community events.
- Participates in the development and improvement to campus emergency and contingency plans and makes recommendations for changes in procedures to ensure responsiveness in emergency situations.
- Assists the administrator in charge with office administration duties, providing clerical and other staff assistance as needed.
- Operates a variety of office equipment and utilizes various computer software programs/applications to accomplish specific tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Four years of increasingly responsible experience, including one year in a lead or supervisory capacity, in secretarial / clerical / recordkeeping.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
in business, public administration or related field; OR an Associate's degree
in any of the above PLUS two additional years of qualifying experience.
- A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
- *Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
- Resume (recommended).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
- Letter of Interest (recommended).
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a
complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant
documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course
work is used to meet minimum qualifications even if the foreign transcript has
been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to provide transcripts for the application process, if required by position.