- Master’s degree in library science, or library and information science, OR
- Combination of education and other accomplishments that is equivalent to the above. (If claiming equivalency, attach a separate statement that presents the basis for this claim and submit supporting evidence, e.g., transcripts, publications, and other work products.); OR
- Possession of a lifetime California Community College Librarian Credential.
- Professional experience in an academic library.
- Significant experience in administration, support and enhancement of a variety of library technology infrastructure tools and techniques, including an integrated library system, link resolvers, proxy server, and service configurations.
- Significant experience using web development tools (for instance, Linux / Apache / MySQL / PHP / CSS); ability to design and manage websites, conduct usability studies, adhere to web accessibility standards, and create web pages which use responsive design principles.
- Significant experience creating and maintaining blogs, videos, screencasts, and audio podcasts, and other web technologies.
- Experience in adopting, implementing, integrating, and evaluating emerging technologies and services.
- Experience in selecting and integrating electronic resources for peer review, product trials and selection, and producing reports to monitor usage of digital resources.
- Experience teaching library research skills and information competency, including using instructional technology and online learning objects for delivery of instruction and interaction with students.
- Knowledge of digital repository projects and metadata development and maintenance for local digital collections.
- Demonstrated skill in using a variety of devices, including mobile platforms, and Window and Mac platforms for multiple applications.
- Experience in working with students from diverse cultural, ethnic, socioeconomic, academic, and disability backgrounds, with a wide variance of information-seeking skills and technological competence.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment and collaborate with various departmental service units.
- The current salary schedule range for a entering tenure-track faculty member is $55,435-$86,908, plus an earned doctoral bonus of $2,772. Depending on the entry step, the faculty member increase one step each year and has the potential to reach the current maximum step of $96,205, depending on the educational level attained. Starting salary is commensurate with academic preparation and full-time related, paid experience. In addition to salary each full-time employee participates in a “cafeteria style” Health & Welfare Benefits Program.
- Online District Application form @ https://jobs.sbcc.edu
- Cover letter addressing the applicant’s experience and the desirable qualifications listed in this announcement.
- CV or Resume.
- If claiming equivalency, attach a separate statement in the “Applicant Documents” section entitled, “Other”. The statement presents the basis for this claim and submits supporting evidence, e.g. transcripts, publications, other products.
- Copy of college transcripts.**
- A minimum list of three professional references, with contact information, is required on the online application under “Professional References”. A maximum of six professional references may be submitted if desired. These references will be contacted if you are selected as a finalist for the position. These references should be able to critically assess your work qualifications and job performance. Preferred references include: current department chair, immediate past department chair, current Dean, immediate past Dean, one current faculty colleague and one current student, or appropriate equivalent references.
- Letters of recommendation are not required but are strongly preferred by the committee. You may attach up to three letters of recommendation found under “Applicant Documents” in the field entitled, “Letters of Reference or Confidential Placement File”.
- To be considered for this position, a complete online
application including all required application documents (listed above) must be
submitted via https://jobs.sbcc.edu by the above application deadline (please
see above instructions to applicants). It is important that the online District
Application form (Item #1 above) be complete and specific to fully indicate
education, experience and other qualifications of the applicant. “See Resume”
is not acceptable.
- You may attach additional supporting material to the online application under “Applicant Documents” section entitled, “Other.” If you apply for more than one position, copies of all the required documents must be attached separately for each position. Applications and all documents submitted become the property of SBCC and are retained electronically.
- Indoor instructional laboratory and classroom work environment
- Subject to variable work hours
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work
- Constant interruptions
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position (sitting or standing) for an extended period of time.
- Communicating and expressing oneself clearly on a variety of topics in conversations with, and presentations to, staff, students, and members of the community.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
- Reaching, bending and stooping to retrieve materials.
- Lifting, carrying materials to and from teaching location.
- Pushing, pulling assistive tools for transporting materials.
- Regular operation of a computer keyboard, calculator, and other normal office equipment.
- Reading a variety of complex materials.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of Community College Students.
- Mobility as required on campus and between locations as able to monitor student activities required.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- College Transcripts 1 (official transcripts not required for application)
- Optional Documents
- Required License(s) or Certificates
- College Transcripts 2 (official transcripts not required for application)
- College Transcripts 3 (official transcripts not required for application)
- Letter of Reference or Confidential Placement File 1
- Letter of Reference or Confidential Placement File 2
- Letter of Reference or Confidential Placement File 3