Under general supervision, assists certificated staff by working with students individually or in groups in the improvement of academic knowledge and technical skill, and does related work as required. For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employee's Association (White Collar) posting click on the "Job Description" link on the left side of your screen, then click on "Los Rios Classified Employee's Association (White Collar) Job Descriptions".]
Job Location: West Sacramento Center, 1115 West Capitol Avenue, West Sacramento, CA 95691.
Contact Information: Art Pimentel, 916-375-5514; or, PimentA@scc.losrios.edu
• Assists instructors by tutoring students individually and in groups in concept understanding and skills acquisition in a subject area such as mathematics, English, foreign languages, and business and computer applications.
• Screens, hires, trains, and oversees student workers, including scheduling and assigning tutors.
• Confers with instructor on student progress, lab procedures, and instructional methods.
• Assists in maintaining a collection of resource materials.
• Sets up and operates audiovisual equipment; maintains and monitors office equipment in the lab.
• Maintains student attendance and related records, and does payroll forms.
• Assist in training students in the use of instructional equipment and appropriate learning methods and procedures; and clarifies instructors' assignments.
• Assists students with computers and software applications.
• Assists with lab related materials, budgets, purchasing.
• Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE: One year tutoring, instructional, or work experience related to one or more of the subject areas to which the position is assigned or equivalent training.
EDUCATION: Completion of two years of college with an emphasis in one or more of the subject areas to which the position is assigned (preferred), or comparable experience.
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 12 units are equal to six months of education; 24 units are equal to one year of education.)
Beginning and/or Ending Dates:
NOTE: This is a temporary position.
Temporary classified positions are limited to 110 work days per fiscal year per board regulations.
1. A completed LRCCD Classified Application (required).
2. *Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required if using education to meet the Minimum Qualifications of this position).
3. Resume (recommended).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
- Individuals who have completed colleges or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios CCD employees to provide transcripts for the application process, if required by position.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process.
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Monday - Thursday