Electronic Resources and Student Engagement Librarian
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
- Facilitates e-resource and other acquisition, discovery, and maintenance issues by administering a range of library systems, services and operations.
- Develops and presents workshops, webinars and other presentations individually and in collaboration with librarians, eLearning staff, and faculty as part the library’s increasing student engagement and as part of the Center for Teaching & Learning Excellence.
- Provides research assistance and instruction to students, faculty, and staff on-site and remotely.
- Configures and maintains library technologies supporting electronic and other resource access.
- Coordinates general acquisitions, cataloging, and serials processes in line with the library’s “any time/any place” vision, mission, and direction.
- Manages resource records and associated budget issues including vendor tracking, consortium agreements, usage statistics, licensing terms, and other account and subscription information.
- Assesses the effectiveness of electronic resources and identifies ways to make access more effective and efficient.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection, de-selection and ordering of materials in all media individually and as part of the Collection Development team.
- Creates clear and efficient workflows for all e-resource and other acquisitions and discovery tasks.
- Graduate degree from an ALA-accredited library and information science program.
- Experience managing a library's electronic resources.
- Proficiency with the cataloging, acquisitions, and serials modules of the Innovative Interfaces Millennium ILS.
- Proficiency with technology sufficient to manage data resources, create research tools, and conduct workshops, webinars and presentations.
- Knowledge of best practices, current trends, and issues in electronic resources management.
- Familiarity with fund accounting and library budgetary practices.
- Ability to provide reference support to business students and others in professional-practice education.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems such as Moodle.
- Effective interpersonal, collegial, verbal, written, and presentation and teaching and skills.
- Proficiency with OpenURL link resolvers.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and a high comfort level with innovation and change.